LF: off topic : an amateur radio station on Columbus

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: off topic : an amateur radio station on Columbus
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:35:29 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Dear LF group,

in the near future we (radioamateurs) will have the chance to install an amateur radio station in the new Columbus module that will be attached to the International Space Station. The main burden is to develop, test and mount the outside antennas (putting antennas on a spacecraft is almost as difficult as building a decent LF antenna). This new station would significantly increase the possibilities of ARISS school contacts (where school children can talk to an astronaut or cosmonaut on board of the ISS) and every of this school contacts is a big promotion amateur radio, covered in newspapers, radio and TV. Time is limited and all help needed so I would appreciate it if you could have a look at http://www.ariss-eu.org/columbus.htm and decide wether you want to contribute.

My apologies for this off-topic mail,

73   Rik  ON7YD