Re: LF: PSK31 on Sunday

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: PSK31 on Sunday
From: Ko Versteeg <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:36:41 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
James Moritz wrote:

Dear LF Group,

I had QSOs with 4 stations (G0NVZ, G3YKB, DF0WD, DF6NM) today using PSK31
and/or PSK08 modes - must be some sort of record, I think! G0NVZ (St.
Albans) and G3YKB (Watford) are both fairly local to me, so copy was 100% in
PSK31. DF0WD was also near 100% here, allthough DF6NM was marginal. Changing
to PSK08 (once I had pressed all the right buttons in the right order...)
gave good copy of DF6NM, at least when he was not down in QSB. So PSK08 is
clearly quite a usable mode on LF. I found it neccessary to operate PSK08
with the AFC switched off completely, it was then no problem to line up the
carrier frequency with the signal displayed on the spectrogram and get good
copy. Thanks to John, Brian, Wolf and Markus for the interesting QSOs; I
would be interested to hear if anyone else copied these signals.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU

Hi Jim and all
Copied you around 11:35 without problems 559.
Same for DF6NM and DF0WD but only faint traces
from G0NVZ and G3YKB :-(

73 Ko, NL9222