Re[2]: LF: Rugby Loran station

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re[2]: LF: Rugby Loran station
From: "John Rabson" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 08:03:25 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
On 02/11/2004 at 02:49 Stewart Bryant wrote:

How diffiicult would it be to make a Loran gate to put in front of theRX?
After all the station is fixed so you must, in principle, know when the
pulses are due.
The trouble is there isn't just one station. On 87kHz cave radios we often receive several Loran stations from different directions. People are looking at various solutions: time domain filters, frequency domain filters, Gates [no - _gates_ - this cough is mucking up my dictation software], even directional antennas.
And application of Dr Nobel's linctus is not permitted.

Further ideas would be welcome.

John G3PAI
Cave Radio & Electronics Group