LF: conditions

To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: conditions
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 19:32:54 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
Been mobiling for the last few days in South and West Texas (yee haa) and towards Laredo/Nuevo Laredo on the Mexican border EL07GL at around 8920Kms from DCF39. At around 2100 local (5 or 6 - GMT) I received fair sigs from dcf39 whilst sitting in reasonably quiet electrical location with the E probe but the qrn level was quite high with cold fronts coming in from the West. Nothing seen from any US part 5 station but I think theyve been off for the past days. Nothing from Eu tests - Other night l saw dcf39 at dot 10 whilst watching "lit pier fishin''" at EL18SK near Corpus Christi - again a lot of qrn - Im using a Ford Explorer and they are a heck more noisy at 137Khz than the Toyota Tundra... Now on my way back to Okie. Laurence KL1X/5 San Marcos Tx.