Re: LF: RE: 1 W ERP on 137 in Germany

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: 1 W ERP on 137 in Germany
From: Hans-Joachim Brandt <[email protected]>
Date: 18 Oct 2004 12:43 GMT
Sender: [email protected]
Dear all,
I guess I have to place an excuse for all germans: We are not using such long
expressions in our daily life or normal literature - but sri, our
administrations have a strong tendency to use them!

And of course those guys of DARC in contact with administrations have to align
to those word forming practices.

Normal german grammar even contains a recommendation that, if more than four
substantives are combined to a new single word, a dash should be inserted after
the first two substantives, to gain better visibility of the content of the
long word (but there are even five basic substantives involved here):

Frequenzbereichs-Zuweisungsplan-Verordnung

I think we all should be glad that in the historical voting in the young USA whether english or german should be chosen as the common language, english had won.
OK?

73 Ha-Jo, Brandt

"Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]> schrieb:
Dave Pick wrote:

>> A 40 letter word?! How much would that score in Scrabble? ;-)

This one would score even more :   :-)
Frequenznormaltemperaturverschiebungsbereichszuweisungsplanuntersuchungsverordnungskommission

73  Alberto  I2PHD