Re: LF: Larry Kayser SK

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Larry Kayser SK
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 11:20:15 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
so sad

I will have to archive the QRSS captures of his signal

Bob  K3DJC

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 04:26:17 EDT [email protected] writes:
Dear all.

I received the following, as yet unconfirmed message, via the AMSAT BB today.

Message: 7
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:35:02 -0400
From: "Martha" <[email protected]>
Subject: [amsat-bb] SK

I have just learned that Larry Kayser, VA3LK passed away suddenly on October
5, 2004.  I am sure many of us have fond memories of Larry.

73, Martha - AMSAT Manager

Larry was credited jointly with the first LF to LF transatlantic QSO a few years ago.
Prior to his LF activities he was involved in the construction of AMSAT Oscar 7 which is still operating today. Only a few weeks ago, Larry mailed me with his latest plan to move out to St Johns Newfoundland where he was making a serious attempt to cross the Atlantic on 2m.

A man who truly loved a challenge and usually succeeded

de  David  G0MRF