Re: LF: SL6440 / mixers

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: SL6440 / mixers
From: "Andy Talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:08:19 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
I have used to SRA-8 in an LF receiver and found no problems whatsoever with signal handling.  It is a standard level 7 mixer, (optimised for 7dBm Lo drive) so will have a 3rd order output intercept around teh 17 to 20dBm mark.  From what I recall of teh SL6440 it had a comparable performance.  I had quite a few used SRA-8 devices from a surplus source, but certainly woulkdn't dream of buying one when there are many better mixers around much cheaper.

 I did once make some measurements using an FST3125 bus switch in a simple a double balanced mixer.  At 10MHz measured an IP3 figure near to 40dBm - seriously better.

Andy  G4JNT