Re: LF: SL6440

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: SL6440
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:00:31 EDT
Sender: [email protected]
Although I have not used the device, I am pleased that Dick is another who believes in selective filtering in rx front ends. This "modern" trend towards broadband/octave filters in the per-mixer stages of receivers I have always, instinctively, shied away from. It has always seemed logical to me that the ideal situation for any mixer device is that it is presented with the minimum number of signals with which to deal viz the local oscillator (low noise, stable, undistorted) and the wanted signal (ideally stripped of all unwanted "other noise" by selective filtering). Perhaps the ultimate aim is a rx in which true " single signal" processing is achieved from antenna to demodulated output in a single step (and yes! I have heard of DC receivers but yeucccch!)

73
g4gvw