RE: LF: Save energy, but generate QRM ...

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: Save energy, but generate QRM ...
From: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 10:39:44 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

f6agr schrieb:

> This light bulb (quite expensive) saves energy and uses only 16 watts AC to > produce the same light as a 100 watts conventional light bulb, but generates > an horrible noise (multiple discrete frequency lines) all over the 137 kHz
> band
>
> 73 de Jean-Louis F6AGR

Hi Jean-Louis,

thanks for the hint. please report it to your Regulation Office.

regards
Uwe/dj8wx

Hallo Uwe

As far as I know, EMC/EMI protection laws apply only to  broadcast(radio,
TV) transmissions, not to amateur bands.
And this damned lightbulb does NOT disturb large AM broadcat transmissions.
So there is little chance to be heard by the administration ...

73

JL F6AGR