LF: Re: HOT AIR

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: HOT AIR
From: "F6CWN" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:44:20 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
11./08/2004   2157z

Hello Mal,

 My poor experiment with a kite is not very conclusive in RX mode...
 The kite was 4.2 meter large ( delta design) in carbon fiber and spi snail.
The wire was 2 mm aluminium. At 110 meter AGL it is impossible to tune
the variometer correcctly during a long period ( capacity move too much).
But it's works fine if you want receive broadcast transmitter ( like France-inter
on 162 KHz with 2.2 MW or BBC...!) I never receive OM LF station with this
antenna ( intermodulations).
Never forget to put a resistor between the wire and the ground and don't use
wire with PE or PTFE, the voltage will be very high by dry wind ( many KV!).

My conclusion:funny but dangerous!

I thing that helium baloon is the same but more expensive...the wire is heavy
and a little one is too resistive and delicate.