Re: LF: Effect of LP-filter om efficiency

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Effect of LP-filter om efficiency
From: Richard Rogers <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 10:51:39 +1000
Sender: [email protected]
G'day.

Robert, AX2TAR, tried transmitting without a lowpass filter.   I live about
15Km from him and could barely hear the 3rd harmonic, but his 19th harmonic
at about 3.4MHz was very strong. Presumably that was where his antenna wire was a half wave long and coupled
through the stray capacitance across his loading coil.