Re: LF: Re: O copy of RN6BN etc.

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: O copy of RN6BN etc.
From: Fabian Kurz <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:34:50 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
On Monday 12 April 2004 11:21, Marek SQ5BPM wrote:
We have a problem at ZCC as our FT-990's reference oscillator stability
degraded heavily with no reason - hard to work even normal CW as it happens
to jump by 300-400 Hz (with no change on the display) and then slowly gets
back to the original QRG. Strange - I suspect the reference quartz is
broken and I am considering buying the TCXO-2. But first we let someone
with better mesuring equipment to have a look at it. Do you think the
master reference or rather the synthesis circuit is broken? Did anyone have
a similar problem?

I experienced exactly the same problem with my FT-890 and it turned out to be a bad trimmer capacitor which is in series to the reference Xtal. After replacing this trimmer the frequency-stability was very good again. Maybe the FT-990 uses the same reference-frequency-circuit?

73, Fabian DJ1YFK

--
Fabian Kurz - DJ1YFK * http://fkurz.net/