LF: Re: LF Exp. Hbk

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: LF Exp. Hbk
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 23:28:03 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Alan G3NYK said:

Hi all, whilst not wishing to deprive the RSGB of income, you might be
interested to see a "new" handbook offered on UK eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3085545640&category=150
2

No its not one of mine ...Honest !!..... I'm not parting with mine !! To
anyone who does not have one I can recommend it as a good read and
collection of LF information.

I checked this out and it turned out to be 'The LF Experimenter's Source
Book, 2nd edition' and was published by the RSGB. It followed an earlier
'The LF Experimenter's Source Book', printed in 1996, which was originally
produced in an attempt to supply information for the then new 73kHz band.
Because of a perceived low demand these books were printed on demand by
photocopying prepared art work.
The 2nd edition (now out of print at the RSGB I think) contains an account
of the first QRSS (100sec dots) transmission and reception by G4JNT and
G3PLX respectively; using DOS computers and HB hardware. Fascinating stuff.
Both these superseded by 'The Low Frequency Experimenter's Handbook'.

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>

Web <http://web.ukonline.co.uk/g3ldo>