LF: North South propagation

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: North South propagation
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 23:45:40 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
The Kiwis and the Ruskies are really to be commended on their LF DX QSO. It
is one thing to just receive a fragment of a signal but quite another to
make a QSO. The Vladivostok Dxpedition has truly turned out to be a great
success.

As regards North/South propagation, when I received G3AQC's signals in
Marrakech last October they were surprisingly strong - considering that I
was using a 10m long dipole (configured as a Marconi against mains earth).
Although the DX path was nowhere near the UA0 - ZL distance the signals were
almost dogboning. So either we had very good propagation or there is more to
North/South propagation than meets the eye.

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO