LF: RE: RE: RF Current meter

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: RE: RF Current meter
From: "G4WGT - Gary" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:29:39 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Jim & LF Group,

Thank you for your recent e-mail, I have seen your design in the recent past
but did not give it much thought, but I see from your comments & reading the
associated article http://www.picks.plus.com/software/LFtunemeter.pdf that
it will be a very worthwile piece of gear to construct. The only query at
the moment is regarding the phase meter (1mA-0-1mA), if I were to use a
100uA-0-100uA meter with a shunt would this cause any problems with your
design or maybe increasing the value of R2 would be acceptable, (I have this
meter already in my junk box), the 1mA meter for V & A metering is not a
problem.

Just had another thought, I presume that the device is to be inserted in the
coax feed prior to the antenna matching arrangement at the antenna end.

73

Gary - G4WGT