Re: LF: RF Current meter

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RF Current meter
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 03:08:40 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 2/18/04 8:03:32 PM GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

"When I have looked at designs in amateur radio magazines or internet for a
clip on RF Ammeter the designs seem to be limited to 2 ranges (100mA &1A
FSD), is there a limit to the range of this type RF Ammeter or can the
ranges be extented to say 5 Amps maybe? is there a calculation to extend the
range ?"

My LF antenna seems to be showing in excess of one Amp so I need an RF
Ammeter with a greater range than 1A.

73

Gary - G4WGT

Hello Gary.

I managed to take one of the old Army 0.5A  FSD ammeters and add shunts using resistors. This gave 0-5 Amps full scale.  Worked fine for about a year. Then one day it got rather damp and one puff of smoke later......stopped working.

David    'MRF