LF: RF Current meter

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RF Current meter
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:29:14 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Wouldn't that mean that you measured the current in a point where the impedance was about 2250 ohm ? (Supposing the 100W were RF power, if the PA efficiency is
less than 100% that impedance is lower).

5 W into 50 ohm -> 0.316 A -> full scale 0.316/0.75 = 0.422 A
50% of that current = 0.211 A
R = W/I^2  = 100/0.211^2 = 2250 ohm

73  Alberto  I2PHD

G4WGT - Gary wrote:

An interesting occurrence when testing the simple RF clip on current meter
on the bench, I used my Marathon 5w Tx to provide RF to test the meter,
separated a small section of the coax inner & shield, fed into 50R dummy
load & got 75% fsd, so I shunted the meter until it just moved off the
bottom of the scale, went to the base of the LF vertical whilst transmitting
with about 100w DC i/p but there was no reading on the meter, I then removed
the shunt & did the same test & got about a 50% fsd reading, I can't work
that one out.