LF: LF and /MM performance offshore.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: LF and /MM performance offshore.
From: "Peter van Daalen" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 04:05:56 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Thanks,  Frank, this is definitely most interesting info for me.

Could anyone make now a rough estimation of the possible total  /MM performance gain  in dB over a well equipped and favourably situated land station ?

I mean the  possible " real " seagain effect as per Franks speculation plus the effect of the " virtual " seagain thru much better antenna efficiency because of the vessels' steel hull and deck etc. in salt water plus  the effect of flat and undisturbed  360 degrees radiation surface ( sea  ) plus the effect of reduced or near zero manmade noise at high sea ( I have 26.4 KWH DC battery banks onboard for the EME in statu nascendi and during Rx/Tx  I switch AC generators off ).
All electrical/electronic gear ( except the mandatory navigation gear, but these are very well shielded ) is switched off during Rx.

73, Peter, PE1ECM