LF: Laurence's images of Jan 3. and 4.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Laurence's images of Jan 3. and 4.
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 16:07:31 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Laurence and LF group,

using IrfanView, I have stitched the screenshots from your directory
www.kl1x.com/ARGO3/
into panoramic images covering a complete night each, with horizontal downsizing to a slow 30s/pixel, which apparently looses very little information. I have also tried to adjust the frequency scales of the second night to the Loran lines.

Despite the extraordinary bunch of activity, I couldn't find too many meaningful traces in last night's view, except for some activity on Uwe's frequency (DJ8WX, 920.86), a couple of fat dashes on 921.55 at 2 UT, and perhaps a line from SM6BHZ (921.52, 3 - 4 UT). But look for yourself:
http://members.aol.com/df6nm/kl1x_030104.gif (229kB)
http://members.aol.com/df6nm/kl1x_040104.gif (198kB)

The same scaling applied to John W1TAG's captures of PA0SE is on
http://members.aol.com/df6nm/w1tag_pa0se_30s_pix.gif (88kB)

Many thanks to all participants on both sides!

73 de Markus, DF6NM