RE: LF: Laurence's images of Jan 3. and 4.

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: Laurence's images of Jan 3. and 4.
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 12:36:44 -0900
Sender: <[email protected]>
Nice work Markus - Ive just spend the last four hours clearing some 2500 jpeg file entries and saving the important ones so glad youve done that before I hit the delete key.

Loran on 135,922 with quick agc @ 200Hz peaks 5/9; Im glad we have QRSS, and Im glad Ive got a TS870!

Although we are still in a higher wind stream from a coronal hole, it hasnt hit the K too hard and Im hoping (fingers and everything else) that we quieten down now for a few days. That new big sun post worries me a bit though..

DCF is audible now at around s5 at Alaskan midday, no, its up to s7 again, which is a good sign for this time of year (it would be a bad sign in the summer....)...so heres hoping again this evening. BBCR4 is 198KHz the strongest ive heard it this year too - strange stuff this LF.

Im running the beacon at close to 4 amps aerial current as the temps are around -20C and clear (and beautiful)

Looking forward to seeing more stations and perhaps a trace of XDW in Eu/Americas. If I see something strong Ill probably knock off the beacon whilst IDing.

Laurence KL1X bp41xd\
wd2xdw 137,77356 dot 60 XDW