LF: Re: Closedown

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Closedown
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 23:18:28 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Laurence, LF Group,

I monitored around 137.77x kHz last night, as I have been doing most nights
for  the past few months, but afraid still no positive signs of WD2XDW.
Anyway, good luck with the move of QTH, and hope to try again once you get
established in W5.

The only visible transatlantic signal last night was VO1NA, at around
0100utc last night, ending with a "K". Joe's signal has not been as strong
in the last few days as it was earlier in December, which is surprising
considering the generally improving conditions lately. Usually I am seeing
the best sigs from VO1NA between about 0700 and 0800, i.e. just before dawn
here. There is usually an abrupt drop of several dB in the noise level just
before 0700, as if sunrise over eastern Europe is cutting off some LF noise
source there.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU