LF: Re: Re: Closedown

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Closedown
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 18:04:11 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 9:51 PM
Subject: LF: Re: Closedown

Hi Laurence

> KL1X/WD2XDW will be closing down from Anchorage on  this Tuesday 6th Jan
> 1700Z. The Rhon 45 tower will be taken down this week if the winds
abate.
> The beacon will be on later this evening from appx 0100Z for the last
night
> of receiving and transmitter periods. (Also listening Lowfer band too).

Rather sad that you are leaving Alaska but you have had a longer innings
than expected. Your experimental work on LF has been an inspiration
Inspiration is one of the hit words in the English royal procedures as
decribed by others about a person to obtain a Knighthood. How about an LF
Knight.
To qualify there must be four hits equal to or higher than Inspiration in
this case. That could be the difficulty.
To qualify for a lesser title Fair to Poor entitles one to a MBE
G3KEV

to us
all.
I am sure that I can speak for all the EU LF guys in wishing you and Sheri
all the best at your new QTH.

I really would like to try and receive WD2XDW before you go so it will be
maximum effort tonight monitoring .77355. I think Joe's announcement will
result in a lot of LF RF from EU tonight!

Regards

Peter & Erica