LF: Re: Re. TA Jan 30

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re. TA Jan 30
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:49:30 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all it looks like under present conditions of continuous low level Geomag
activity that signals are very location dependent, and the "golden spot"
changes from night to night. My captures of Joe are listed below...times
very approximate estimated off the capture screens

0000z    "M" with local QRM
0110z    "T" heavy QRM
0230z    "O"
0310z    "O"
0410z    "O"
0500z    "O"
0610z    "O"
0730z    "T" some QRM
I think without the qrm most would be regarded as "identifyable".

Strangely enough the screens contain a signal at 137.7781 sending PA0SE. I
can only assume this is a mixing product with SXV or possibly CFH, as I am
using an amplified loop, and at 2330 last night I was getting a very strong
signal from Dick with very pronounced "dog-boning".

Which just goes to show what can be done with less than max power.
Cheers de Alan G3NYK