Re: LF: Re: Beacon List

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Beacon List
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 14:27:25 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello LF group,

I was just pointed to a small error in QRS v4.01 :
the lowest frequency that can be set with the soundcard is 20Hz, not 10Hz as mentioned.

I checked it and it seems to be a limitation of the "tonegenerator component" I use. It seems rather unimportant to me wether one can go as low as 20Hz or 10Hz, so unless someone comes up with a good reason I will leave it that way (just change 10Hz to 20Hz in the hint and the help menu).

Meanwhile I received a request to increase the upper limit of the soundcard signal to 10kHz, to allow 'HF' acoustic wave or 8-9kHz VLF radiowave experiments. This will be implemented in the next version. The next weeks will be rather busy, so I will revise QRS during the xmas holiday period. If there is anyone else with a wish-list for changes / new options in QRS please let me know, so I can implement all changes (if possible) and realese a new version early next year.

73, Rik  ON7YD