Re: LF: Re: Beacon List

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Beacon List
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 18:26:59 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 1:27 PM

Hello LF group,

I was just pointed to a small error in QRS v4.01 :
the lowest frequency that can be set with the soundcard is 20Hz, not 10Hz
as mentioned.

I checked it and it seems to be a limitation of the "tonegenerator
component" I use. It seems rather unimportant to me wether one can go as
low as 20Hz or 10Hz, so unless someone comes up with a good reason I will
leave it that way (just change 10Hz to 20Hz in the hint and the help
menu).

Meanwhile I received a request to increase the upper limit of the
soundcard
signal to 10kHz, to allow 'HF' acoustic wave or 8-9kHz VLF radiowave
experiments. This will be implemented in the next version.
Hi Rick
If not too difficult maybe 20 khz top freq would be useful for a bit of
tolerance for some IF outputs.
73 de Mal/G3KEV
The next weeks will be rather busy, so I will revise QRS during the xmas
holiday period.
If there is anyone else with a wish-list for changes / new options in QRS
please let me know, so I can implement all changes (if possible)  and
realese a new version early next year.

73, Rik  ON7YD