RE: LF: 136 khz weekend / mail

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: 136 khz weekend / mail
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:43:46 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,

Pressure on my time at the moment means I don't get on the air very
often at present, but last Saturday evening there several stations QRV
on 136k. The only one I could actually hear was F6BWO, but I had a QRSS
QSO with OM2TW, and SP5ZCC was there too, but disappeared due to QSB. I
am still monitoring the beacon frequencies at the top of the band -
VO1NA was a consistent signal last night, but still nil seen from the
other North American beacons. There usually seems to be a fair degree of
activity, especially at weekends although much less from the UK lately.
If people want more activity, they are more likely to get it by
switching their transmitters on and being active themselves, rather than
complaining that other people are not doing so.

As far as the new law on spam goes, I'd better let Michelle know the
news - I'm sure she will be very concerned lest her message re the live
webcam may get her into deep water -  and the 20 or so others that have
turned up today. Incidentally, none of the spam I'm getting at the
moment seems to be coming via the reflector - but then only a small
proportion ever did.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU