LF: Spam etc

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Spam etc
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 18:43:41 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
The spam situation is getting out of hand totally. For every LF message I am now getting about 30 spam msgs daily.
I delete immediately but it takes a lot of time to download this rubbish. I am not sure what the most appropriate action would be but something needs to be done. Its the same old stuff over and over again every day flooding the system.
On 136 khz LF these days I am interested in new countries to try and get the score up but little or nothing seems to be coming along, virtually no normal CW activity old or new, just the few that normally appear on QRS every weekend.
It is not encouraging for anyone new thinking about getting on LF with all the effort that is required. I am interested in transatlantic QSO'S direct on 136 khz and xband but that seems to have fizzled out also. The BEACON mode and some QRS seems to be the only thing at present and although useful is a backward step.
I would favour direct QSO mode especially on normal CW and with some perserverence some positive results are possible especially across to VE. In the past my signal was perfectly readable on QRS 1 by VE1ZJ and VE1ZZ during DEC 2001.
This is almost hand sent manual speed. Unfortunately John and Jack have gone QRT on LF so that approach has ceased to exist as a possibility and no one else seems interested or cannot work CW.
73 de Mal/G3KEV