Re: LF: Newbie question

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Newbie question
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:26:06 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
On 26 Nov 2003 at 22:20, Martyn wrote:

I have been monitoring 137 for a couple of weeks now, but for the last
week or so I have been getting this consistent 1 second broadband
(from about 133khz to about 139khz pulse. see attached jpg. Is this
typical? or better still can anyone suggest what it  might be please?

My gut feeling is that this is radiation from a neighbouring TV (or even your own??). A growing problem which has restricted my operation on 136 for some time. Does it only appear during 'tv listening hours' or all the time, bearing in mind that some sets generate the QRM even in standby? Have you noticed a neighbour taking delivery of a new set recently?

I did start a page on my website sometime ago for listing rogue sets, but have had virtually no input for it - see http://www.btinternet.com/~dsergeant/tvqrm.htm.

73 Dave G3YMC

[email protected]
http://www.btinternet.com/~dsergeant