LF: Re: Newbie question

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Newbie question
From: "Dave Pick" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 09:14:29 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Martyn.

Could it be one of those water softener things that are supposed to achieve
results by some magical means and consist of a box of electronics and some
wires which get wrapped around the incoming water pipe?
The other thing I have heard of is central heating oil-tank level sensors.
Try a loop aerial and see if you can DF it. It will hopefully come from a
point source so you should be able to use a noise canceller but it's
difficult to erect a big enough noise aerial for LF.
Is it audible on medium or long wave BC bands? If so you could take a walk
with your trusty transistor radio and see if you can track it down.

That's my tuppenceworth...

73
Dave
G3YXM