Re: LF: Re: SPAM !!

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: SPAM !!
From: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:32:26 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
The group is bound to get spam as its address is posted on quite a few
web-sites (mine included) so that people know how to join and the robots
harvest the address from those sites. Maybe a spam-filter could be added to the majordomo thingy? (I know nothing of such technology!)

At the risk of being tedious on this subject, accepting spam on an e-mail group is totally unnecessary. Majordomo has a 99.9% effective solution already built in if the list owner chooses to turn it on: requiring posts to come only from subscribers to the list.

However, as long as some users of the group insist on being able to post messages from non-subscribing e-mail accounts--a practice I don't understand, any more than I would understanding someone turning on their transceiver and immediately keying the mic without listening first--then apparently we will have to live with spam spam spam spam eggs and spam....

The miracle is that there's not already more of it on this list.

The non-KEV curmudgeon,
John