LF: Re: Casbah

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Casbah
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 20:06:59 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
hamilton mal said

--------------------------
Surprised the man dabbling in the Casbah in North Africa is not illuminated
by the recent signals on 137 khz this weekend.
The signals are extremely strong and plentiful. CN8 is local these days even
on LF.
G3KEV
--------------------------

When I wasn't in the Casbah I did have the rig on receive 137kHz and the
attached pictures show what I saw on one night only. The cross-band was not
prearranged except by the messages passed by Mike, G3XDV, although I did
phone Laurie to say that I could see his signals and could he get on
7010kHz.
The receive equipment has already been described in an earlier e-mail,
resonated against mains ground.
The antenna was a 20m length doublet centre fed with 400ohm ladder line,
about 16m high.
Marrakech is located near the south west end of the High Atlas mountains and
is a similar distance from the UK as to Moscow.
Nice signal Laurie!
Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>