LF: Re: Re: SPAM !!

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: SPAM !!
From: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:23:08 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: <[email protected]>

In a message to [email protected], John Andrews writes:

If this message ever appears, it indicates that there is alternate way of
posting to this list. Perhaps that's how the spam is arriving.

That is another loophole that could certainly be exploited by spammers, and I
would encourage the nice folks at blacksheep.org to secure it.  But there's no
mystery about the spam I saw earlier.  It was simply directed to the same
address we all use to post our everyday messages.

The return address I've used for this message is not subscribed to the list.
It doesn't even exist--just like so many spammers' supposed return addresses.
This is a barn door a mile wide, so far as spamming opportunities go.

Now, in my home state it is illegal to disguise the true origin of e-mail, so
for sake of disclosure I must therefore explicitly state that this message
actually originated from...

John Davis
[email protected]