Re: LF: Datong

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Datong
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 12:11:41 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2003 7:27 AM

On 11 Oct 2003 at 14:59, hamilton mal wrote:

> Hi All
> Does anyone have a cct diagram of the Datong upconverter type UC/1. 73
> De Mal/G3KEV

I have a circuit for the UC/1. I have uploaded it to my website at
http://www.btinternet.com/~dsergeant/datong_uc1.zip (368k, contains
two .gif files).

73 Dave G3YMC
Hi Dave
Many thanks for the info. I got it from your website above. Have it printed
out and can now adjust the xtal to get the freq spot on. The cal was a bit
out.
Having tried my FT847 fitted with a cw filter on 136 khz the sensitivity was
very poor, however with the UC/1 upconverter and using the 28 mhz IF out the
results are excellent, likewise I tried the 144 IF out with similar results.
I use attenuation between the UC/1 IF out and the FT847 to get the right
signal/noise balance.
The UC/1 works well on LF but the Datong LF converter does not perform very
well except it is padded both at input and output to tame it, avoid overload
etc especially with large LF antennas.
73 and tnx agn
de Mal/G3KEV

[email protected]