Re: LF: Datong

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Datong
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:13:53 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
On 12 Oct 2003 at 12:11, hamilton mal wrote:

Many thanks for the info. I got it from your website above. Have it
printed out and can now adjust the xtal to get the freq spot on. The
cal was a bit out.

Pleased to be of assistance Mal. I forgot to mention that I also have the full paper manual on the UC1 with setting up instructions, but not currently in electronic form. Let me know if you need anything else.

I have used the UC1 as part of my (little used) 5MHz station. The biggest problem with the 28MHz output is that a 116MHz conversion crystal is used and it is next to impossible to adjust this spot on frequency and expect it to stay there. The 144MHz output is OK in this respect as the 28MHz output is derived from it with that crystal.

PS Apologies for the much delayed email on spam - as Alan probably knows, the BTinternet email system has been playing up over the past few days - it was posted on Wednesday honestly..

73 Dave G3YMC

[email protected]
http://www.btinternet.com/~dsergeant