Re: LF: Solar Activity

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Solar Activity
From: "Dick Rollema" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 21:42:12 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Here is the picture

73, Dick, PA0SE
Sun.jpg

At 10:30 30-10-03 +0000, you wrote:
On 30 Oct 2003 at 9:45, Dick Rollema wrote:

> Our morning paper has a beautiful picture of the sun eruption and it says
> that satellite communications and high voltage lines are in danger of
> interruptions.

Well perhaps if our papers weren't devoting all their pages to a non
event in Westminster we might have seen the same in the UK....

The predicted storm certainly seems to be a biggy, there was
virtually nothing above 80m last night and this morning seems no
better. I guess it means a quiet time for amateur radio...

I am just about to try resonating my 136kHz loop on top band to see
how it works down there. Probably total disaster, but worth a play.

73 Dave G3YMC

[email protected]
http://www.btinternet.com/~dsergeant

JPEG image