Re: LF: Solar Activity

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Solar Activity
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:30:54 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
On 30 Oct 2003 at 9:45, Dick Rollema wrote:

Our morning paper has a beautiful picture of the sun eruption and it says that satellite communications and high voltage lines are in danger of interruptions.

Well perhaps if our papers weren't devoting all their pages to a non event in Westminster we might have seen the same in the UK....

The predicted storm certainly seems to be a biggy, there was virtually nothing above 80m last night and this morning seems no better. I guess it means a quiet time for amateur radio...

I am just about to try resonating my 136kHz loop on top band to see how it works down there. Probably total disaster, but worth a play.

73 Dave G3YMC

[email protected]
http://www.btinternet.com/~dsergeant