Re: LF: Re. WD2XDW Beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re. WD2XDW Beacon
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 08:36:12 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>

Thanks Laurie/Peter

I just checked the logs and my tx freq at 0300Z was 137.77350 =-+0.01Hz, it flipped at 07:45:30Z when it came up on 137.77343 and is still there at the moment (the W@G source does this for some reason!) - I wish I could control it more and then I could use it for DFCW! I was working in the radio room at that time and flipped off the rx for about an hour at around 0430Z to go hunting for NDB's for Steve Ve7SL.

If you goto my home page and click on the Argo containing 773.5 (argo2) and select/click 25th Sept, jpeg "760" you could match up with what youve got, the load is a bit slow as its coming directly from my laptop. My timing is within 1 second as of this morning.

Aerial current at the time was 3.4A, raining heavily but good SWR/load.

I looked at dcf39 captures as a comparison (again you can click on the argo screen for 1830Hz and select the appopriate file) - I (argo) could detect DCf39 at 0300Z but signals were very weak, about say, 40db down on when I saw you in Feb.

Thanks for the best wishes - the beacon will be going off on Friday as the room where the TX is, is a "ballroom" and will be used for 'dancin' !

Whilst looking for NDB's last night Im noticing that Im picking up internal electrical noiz in the tx ae/co from my cooling fans (rf whirring) and PSU spurs when using the internal TX LPF (used on receive). I disconnected the aerial and terminated in 50 ohms but could still hear PSU fan/noiz on the RX It could be its been there all the time but does need investigation - its not knocking the s/n much on 137Khz giving the overall noiz figure, but I do need to eliminate it.

Keep on looking!~

Laurence KL1X
raining and snowing