LF: GPS-locked PSK tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: GPS-locked PSK tests
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 16:24:55 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,

As part of some experiments with GPS-locked PSK modulation for LF, I hope to run some TX tests tonight. I plan to transmit on 137.5000 kHz, running high power from about 2000utc - 2100utc, and reducing power to about 10W (about 5mW ERP) after that for a few hours. The modulation will consist of a sequence of 12 bits, with a bit period of 10 seconds, repeating every 2 minutes. The start of the sequence will be synchronized with the utc hour, so a new sequence will begin at the start of each even minute. Both the carrier frequency and phase keying are derived via a GPS time/frequency receiver, so should be very accurate. Received aurally or using spectrogram-type software (I would suggest settings as for QRSS3), the signal will just be a carrier with "clicks" occurring at the phase transitions. Any reports will be very welcome.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU