Re: LF: Re: GPS-locked PSK tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: GPS-locked PSK tests
From: "Andy talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 14:27:13 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Just for a bit of a challenge I've just set up the receiver monitoring DCF77
on 77.5kHz, with the Caesium beam turned on for the first time in over a
year.   It was very disconcerting to find that I was teh cause of the
freqeuncy drift in last night's test !   Using just the crystal oscillator
part of the freq standard resulted in 7*10^-10 frequency error.

So far, after an hour of monitoring using a 30 second integration period,
the vectorscope plot of DCF77 has not moved more than 0.1 degrees - and that
is most likely due to quantisation effects

I'll leave it running over the day-night transition and see what transpires.

Andy  G4JNT