LF: Confirmation of trip - /TI3

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Confirmation of trip - /TI3
From: "Laurence KL1X" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:17:04 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>

Dear group

Hope this doesnt cause to many waves of emotion....but any signals welcomed

Station location - Near to Turriabla - East of San Jose, Costa Rica - elevation 1500 ft Grid app Ej89DV. Sited at CATIE (agricultural tropical university research farm artifical insemination unit (!))

Period of operation 1500 UTC Saturday 6th Sept till 2300 UTC Monday 8th Sept 03 27x7 subject to power/storms/cattle/snakes/planes and customs

"Listening" on Argo and CW

3 Argo screens will be open per Ghana

- 137.7725 to 137.7745 Khz dot 60, or faster
- 137.7770 to 137.7802 Khz dot 60.
  DCF39

Rx Aerials, Eprobe and 16T (I think) 2 metre side loop (per Ghana) using pre amp, RX FT817, Argo and IBM thinkpad. Talkback on HF unlikely but Ill send another email if I get something up. Email will be Sporadic.

Beacon

WD2XDW will continue to be on +24hours from Alaska on 137.7735 +-0.2hz dot 60 thru this period 320W input but my IIS real time web site will be down whilst Im away/onroute (from 2nd Sept)

FT817 - Peters comments-

On the 817 side; this has been my main station RX this week and with the YXM preamp up front on the big aerial its performed very well. Stability has been excellent - no intermod/xmod or sproggies. Without the preamp its deaf!

As you can see this is a flying visit
Cheers Laurence KL1X

Help protect your PC: Get a free online virus scan at McAfee.com. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963