LF: 73kHZ test?

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 73kHZ test?
From: "John W Gould" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:43:58 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi, had an interesting but disappointing effort to transmit down to Laurie,
G3AQC, this afternoon on 73kHz.  It's really my last attempt before we loose
the band at the end of the month.  Clearly, the poor aerial / earth
arrangement this end is half of the problem as it's leaving me with a
resistance of about 200 ohms is the main factor.  I was probably only
putting about 50 or 60W into the aerial.
However, I do have another window tomorrow afternoon / evening if anyone is
around to listen out for me and perhaps give me a call.  The frequency will
be 72000 +/- 5Hz (VXO VFO)and I'll try a mix of CW and QRSS.  Unless anyone
responds direct to [email protected] to suggest otherwise, I'll transmit
on the hour starting at 1700 BST with CW and on the half-hour with QRSS 3
sec dot.

73 John, G3WKL