LF: 23/24th condx - where did the signals go?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 23/24th condx - where did the signals go?
From: "flo flo" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:04:55 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>

The daytime D layer reflection mode started with DCF39 being visible at dot60 at 0710Z 23rd - it gradually strengthened to "average" daytime levels until 1100Z when signals suddenly dissapeared, and I do mean suddenly.

No signal was seen again in this mode for the rest of the day.

Night-time
We start to see the "night-time" mode at appx 1940Z but, again, NO overnight signals seen at all. (I even checked all connections to make sure a Toad wasnt sitting on the resonance cap). "Long range averaging" of static levels were down too...

This morning 24th DCF39 is just becoming visible again at 0710Z, in daytime D layer mode.

It doesnt look too bright for my last nights of receiving, but Ill put a report out tomorrow morning when I start to break the station down.

Laurence - Accra Ghana.