LF: Ghana on 136Khz RX

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Ghana on 136Khz RX
From: "Laurence J Howell" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 22:02:16 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>

Hoping to be active from East Legon Accra Ghana from around 15-25 June
(variable). Presently waiting for a callsign from the ministry.

Ill be taking my TS870 and probably a loop array for 136Khz or will take
some inductors for an Inv L

Im a glutton for punishment and know the pitfalls (only too well) of
Equatorial noise levels but never say never....say never....

Ill hopefully have CW and Argo capabilities and maybe able to do  X band HF
and backup'd occasionally by Echolink - Im doing voluntary teaching and
rebuilding the comms station I put in in 1999 so time will be very limited,
ham radio will have to come second.or third...

Any advice on possible clear Loranless freqs appreciated. I dont want to
flood the reflector so chat via [email protected]

My live argo on the webpages is off at the mom as more work ongoing on the
tower - I saw DCF39 @ dot 60 for the 1st time in a couple of weeks today!
Cheers

Laurence KL1X Anchorage