Re: LF: No US Ham Band

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: No US Ham Band
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 17:49:31 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2003 12:27 PM

Dear John, LF group, Lowfers

Very sorry to hear about the FCC's absurd decision. The ARRL report
reads:-

 >The FCC said a new amateur LF allocation is not justified "when balanced
against the greater public interest of an interference-free power grid."

Have they got this the right way round? Virtually all radio services on LF
suffer a continual and steadily increasing amount of interference from the
power grid, but I have yet to hear of an instance where radio signals
cause
interference problems to the power grid. All seems a bit "Alice in
Wonderland"...as if a secretary somewhere had made a typo, and no-one who
knew anything about the subject had ever checked it.

Sounds odd to me, especially in the enlightened USA. Look at the progress on
LF in Europe and RUSSIA, well ahead in Global thinking and progress. What
does the ARRL membership have to say? ODD !!!!!!!!!

G3KEV

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU