Re: LF: No US Ham Band

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: No US Ham Band
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 16:50:39 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 5/15/03 8:19:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:

<< Obviously more and more of some
government's decisions are directly influenced by the
power of industries and large companies! >>

It reminds me of a time several years ago, Geri, when a reporter on our National Public Radio network was interviewing a guest about the collapse of the Soviet Union. She remarked that the Russian people had lived under a communist government for many years, while we had a capitalist form of government throughout our history.

I exclaimed to my radio: "You silly cow!" (I meant it in only the nicest possible sense, of course.) "Capitalism is our economic system. The last time I read the Constitution, I could swear our form of government was representative democracy."

But in retrospect, perhaps she was right after all.

John