Re: LF: Important sperimantal revision of ohm's law

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Important sperimantal revision of ohm's law
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:28:46 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
I believe the confusion relative to phase can be simply resolved. Adam said" I contend, as do all elementary text books regarding AC circuit analysis, that the voltage measured across a perfect resistor is perfectly "in phase" with the current flowing through that resistor. Period." You are wrong.

The relative phase relationship between current and voltage thru and on a resistor can be any value.

Most interesting ...
Would this mean that under certain circumstances the phase between voltage and current over/trough a resistor can be 90 degrees ?
In that case the power distribution industry would be very interested as this would allow transportation of electric energy without any losses.
If this is so I will inform the superconductor research group here at the university that it is about time for them to look for another research field as it is already possible to have a conductor that dissipates no power.

73, Rik  ON7YD