LF: The leT/A of the law

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: The leT/A of the law
From: "Hugh M0WYE" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:49:27 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All,
It seems to me that this transatlantic stuff is stretching the rules
somewhat.
a) It is difficult to send your callsign every 15 minutes when it takes that
longer than that to send your callsign !
b) With people setting their transmitter to come on with timers in the early
hours while they are asleep, you can hardly call it "attended" operation.
c) There beacon type transmissions are more in the nature of a broadcast,
than establishing contact, individually, with other licenced amateurs.

I'm not saying anybody's doing anything "wrong" because it has all been very
much within the spirit of amateur radio - I'm just wondering if the rules
need to be looked at, and modified to allow the use of very low-speed
communications.

73
Hugh M0WYE