LF: ZL6QH beacon for North America 15 March

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: ZL6QH beacon for North America 15 March
From: "Vernall" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 22:38:48 +1300
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all,

ZL6QH is being activated on LF for an attempted QSO with UA9OC on 14 and 15
March, during the period 1230 to 1818 UTC.  This is the time for a dark path
between ZL and UA9.  ZL6QH is going to use DFCW with a centre frequency of
137.7000 kHz, so any others trying to follow a QSO could receive both sides,
with the UA9OC QRSS120 signal also being on 137.7000 kHz (with about +0.35
Hz offset if my result last night is correct).

Because we will be all set up at ZL6QH, we may as well run in beacon mode
before UA9 sunset, while there is a dark path from ZL to The Americas.
Sunset at ZL6QH is about 0640 UTC, so we will have a DFCW beacon running on
137.7000 kHz from before 0640 till 1215 UTC, send an ID of QQQQQ with 120
second dot length.  The ZL6QH beacon will be on Saturday 15 March.

73, Bob