LF: Re: Re: Re: UA9

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Re: UA9
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:16:05 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

Mike

What speed was this? I had a QRSS30 screen running (as well as the
QRSS120)
and saw what could have been UA9OC sending QRSS10 at 0.15Hz HF of nominal,
at midnight. The wrong speed screen makes it unreadable, but it certainly
looks like it could be "UA9OC K". Someone appears to be calling him just
afterwards.

My screen was set to 10dot normal. This is my compromise setting for
anything that might appear from 3sec to 30secs. At the time I wasn't
looking. The Argo screen was behind my Word screen as I was typing in the
Antennas column, which is running a bit late.
I switched off Word and saw the callsign as shown. By the time I had got
around to capturing it I had missed out the U.
After he signed I gave a call - just my call sign (10 sec dots) in case he
was looking - sorry about the mess.
After I signed I carried on looking and he came on again but the
signal/noise didn't allow a further ID.
I would say that it certainly was UA9OC that you saw.

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>

Web <http://web.ukonline.co.uk/g3ldo>