LF: GAIN

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: GAIN
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:38:23 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
I measured the gain today between my 90 metre perimiter  vertical loop resonated on 137 khz and my vertical system. The vertical has a 20 db gain over the loop measuring the noise floor. Using the Decca RF pre amp with the loop gets close to the vertical performance but with the disadvantage of being only bi-directional. Measuring a signal above the NF indicates the same 20 db gain by the vertical. The band is quiet with no environmental or locally generated noise problems.
The vertical is way ahead of the loop at this QTH. The loop is not worth considering as a TX antenna given the above results.
This recent test confirms previous observations.
73 de Mal/G3KEV